To enter the Republic of Belarus, you need to obtain an educational visa (for countries with visa regime), which is issued by the embassy (consulate) of the Republic of Belarus in the country of residence of an applicant.
To obtain an educational visa, you have to submit to the embassy (consulate) of the Republic of Belarus in your country an invitation to study in the Republic of Belarus, which will be sent to you after the submission of all required documents (see “Admission Requirements”)
If there is no embassy (consulate) of the Republic of Belarus in your country, you can get an educational visa at the nearest diplomatic mission of the Republic of Belarus or upon arrival at the international airport “Minsk” in Belarus (in this case, the presence of a welcomer is obligatory).
The next day after the arrival in the Republic of Belarus (except Saturday and Sunday) you have to personally submit the following documents to the selected university:
- national passport, to register a foreign citizen at the residence address at the Migration Service in Minsk;
- original document of education or a notarized copy of the document on education and notarized translation of the document on education into Russian (Belarusian);
- original (or a notarized copy) and notarized translation into Russian (Belarusian) of the medical report on the health status, confirming that a foreign citizen can study in the climatic conditions of the Republic of Belarus, signed by the official health authority of the country of residence of the applicant.
After the registration of the enrollment contract, you shall obtain a temporary registration(temporary residence permit) for the period of your stay in the Republic of Belarus.
In order to do this, you need to submit to the department on work with foreign nationals of a higher education institution the following documents:
1) completed application form;
2) passport with an educational visa;
3) migration card;
4) 3 photos;
5) health insurance policy;
6) receipt for payment of state duty for registration.
NB! A foreign applicant shall deliver the passport to obtain registration within 5 days after the arrival in the Republic of Belarus.
The territorial Citizenship and Migration Department will issue a registration on the basis of your foreign travel passport within 15 days. You can receive the passport with registration only after the presentation of the certificate of a full medical examination, which you shall pass at the request of a higher education institution staff.
If you have questions about the rules of entry and stay on the territory of the Republic of Belarus, please, contact the staff of our organization.